December 31, 2018

My Quilty New Year's Resolutions

I started quilting in early 2010 and blogging almost at the same time.  I have tried to post at least once a week (on Wednesdays), although sometimes not quite meeting the goal.  There was even a year when I posted nothing!

When I started out, I'd do a post about my latest design, then do a post about the fabric I bought for it, then maybe a couple of posts sharing about the construction of the quilt and so on, finishing a post showing the completed project (with the "DONE!" in the title).  Blogspot allows me to set up posts so that they are automatically published on the day/time of my choosing.  The week before Christmas, I was setting up a post for Quilt 133 - and realized that, at my one-per-week pace, that post wouldn't be published for 8 weeks!  WHOA!

I don't see my quilting slowing down any time soon.  In fact, I've got quite a few quick-and-easy projects in the queue, so the pace is likely to pick up.  I'm also seriously considering offering longarm services to other quilters, which means even MORE quilting happening.

So... here are my Quilty New Year's Resolutions - In 2019 I will:
  • ...publish 2 posts per week, one on Wednesday and one on Sunday.  That way the blog stands a better chance of keeping up with what I'm working on.
  • ...make a point of doing a few Christmas-themed projects (well, heaven knows I've got the fabric...)
  • ...make more quilts for little boys and more that are gender neutral (I seem to always be doing flowers, birds and butterflies).
  • ...attend the 2019 Australasian Quilt Convention (April)
  • ...make another attempt at quilting with monofilament (invisible thread)
  • ...donate at least 25 quilts to the charity Inspirational Quilts
  • ...get serious about making some "stash buster" quilts (before my stash of scraps develops it's own gravitational pull)
  • ...BUY MORE FABRIC!!!!  (You knew THAT was coming, didn't you?!?!)
2019
Bring it ON!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment