December 26, 2018

Quilt 126: Green Batiks - DONE!

Of all the quilts I've done this year, one of my favorites was Quilt 119 - a kit from Patchwork With Gail B The kit is called "Nells Flower Shop", and I had a ball putting it together.  I found some charm squares online that I thought would make up beautifully with that pattern.These squares are from Robert Kaufman - and are all gorgeous green batik prints.

I found a soft minty green print to use in the main square blocks and border.  And here's the finished quilt:
(63" x 63" - quilted on the longarm Q-Matic - bamboo batting)
In the center of the squares, I quilted using a block pattern from the Q-Matic library:
Here's a photo of the stitch design (from the Q-Matic manual):
 On the 2 borders I used a meandering leaf pattern in two sizes (photo below):
And here's the leaf stitch design from the manual:

I just love how it turned out - going to make some more of these!

No comments:

Post a Comment