May 16, 2010

Multitasking on the Border

My current project has 3 narrow bands running around the edges. I'm not wanting anything fancy in the way of quilting here, just a row of stitches along each band (about 1/2 inch from the seams).

I'm quilting using a hoop - and quickly realized as I stitch each row that it takes too much time to keep moving the hoop as I go along, esp. since I'm going to do this 3 times. So I hit on the idea of threading 3 needles and stitching all 3 rows at once - and THEN moving the hoop along. So far it's working out really well. The thread (quilting cotton) is thick enough that it doesn't really tangle easily and so there's no worry about getting all knotted up as I go.

I'm sure I'm not the first person to come up with this idea, but I thought I'd share it anyway. It's making this part of the quilting go by very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment