May 2, 2015

Quilt 19: Tutti Fruity "Throw" - Finished!

I'm delighted to report that the Tutti Fruity "throw" is finally finished. I'm really proud of this one - a design I developed using charm squares I picked up on my 2012 visit in Florida.  It took a while to decide what to do - I wanted the colours to really pop, so came up with this "rainbow" arrangement (in the center), and using black borders to highlight the intensity of the fruits and veggies.

(Click the photo above for a larger image)
I opted to use a stitching template to get swirls. I've used this template before with good results. This time I opted to use 2 shades of green thread - and to add a little more interest to the back, alternated on which of the 2 shades I used for the swirls and straight lines. (You'll probably have to click below and get the larger version of the image to see the alternating colours).


So there you go! Another one done!

No comments:

Post a Comment