May 20, 2015

Quilt 26: Jelly Roll (blues) Purples

Spotlight - one of my favorite stores - had a clearance on small jelly roll packs. I picked up the roll which made the log cabin blocks in this quilt for something like $5.00. I don't know why I bought it - maybe a psychic "knowing" that I'd need some "throw away" projects to work on when I finally got a longarm. Anyway - I've had this one laying around for a couple of years, believe it or not - and only last month finished the top by adding strips to the side (to get it to a decent width) and strips on the top.
(dimensions 38" x 48" -  Click the photo above for a larger image)
It's certainly nothing to "write home about" - but it will serve well as a practice project for the longarm. I've got this and Quilt 25 - same basic design, but with more blocks and in blue.

Of course I'll do my best with it, but if it turns out badly, well, there isn't much investment in this - $5 for the jelly roll, $14 for the backing, scraps for the batting and binding.

No comments:

Post a Comment