October 10, 2018

Quilt 115: "Nana Mae II" EZ On-Point - DONE!

Another charm square quilt - and this one is an on-point design that is so easy it makes me laugh!

I started with 2 charm square packs.  This pack is from Henry Glass & Co. - a set they call "Nana Mae II".  It's all soft pastel prints, flowers and baby animals.

First, I sewed the squares into a rectangle, 6 squares down and 12 across.
Next I cut the rectangle as shown with the red lines below: - I end up with a large triangle (the center) and 2 smaller triangles from either side.
It's fairly easy to keep straight - you just cut through each square diagonnaly, from point to point.

 Then join the 2 smaller triangles as shown below, making a larger triangle


 And finally sew the 2 triangles together, resulting in an on-point top!



I added a solid lavender border and bound it with some pale yellow scraps I had from another project.
46" x 46"- quilted on the Bernina Q-matic longarm ("PRPANTO131" stitch design, end-to-end) - cotton batting
Here's a closeup of the flowery stitch pattern I selected.  I opted for a very light grey thread, which pretty much disappears into the quilt.
 And here's the backing:



I love the on-point design and will probably make a few more of these.  Fast, easy, and loads of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment