October 17, 2018

Quilt 116: Peach Rainbow Jelly Roll Race - DONE!

Time for another "Jelly Roll Race" quilt!

Here's the jelly roll pack that I started with (photo didn't come out well, colour-wise.
And here's the finished quilt!  It never fails to surprise me that these quilts come out as large as they do, especially given the fact that the jelly roll packs just don't look to me like there's that much fabric in them.
49" x 64" - quilted on the Bernina Q-Matic ("PRPANTO131" stitch design, end-to-end) - cotton batting
 Here's a photo of the backing so you can see the stitch design:
It's a nice design, not quite as dense as some of the others.

I've got this jelly roll race thing down pat.  The one thing that bothers me with this kind of quilt is that it's really easy to accidentally get the seams unraveling a little after you cut the strips down.  Next time I make one of these, I'm going to try doing it with a much smaller stitch length.  That should help prevent unraveling.

No comments:

Post a Comment