October 24, 2018

Quilt 117: B&W Jelly Roll Squares 'n Scraps - DONE!

I've had a black and white jelly roll in my stash for several months now.  I kept looking at it feeling, well, uninspired.  But I finally pulled it out and grabbed some solid red scraps and black-and-white scraps from Quilt 104 (the backing).

I used the jelly roll strips to create alternating dark and light "frames", and here's the finished quilt.
55" x 67" - quilted on the Bernina Q-Matic ("Panto_Square Meander" stitch design, end-to-end) - cotton batting
It was a pretty simple and fast quilt to make.

Here's a closeup of one of the squares showing the "lovelovelove" print in the center of the frames.  It's that print I used for the backing of quilt 104.
Spotlight had a sale on quilt fabric, so I grabbed a print to back the quilt with:
And below is a closeup of the print.  Very VERY busy, but attractive.  I used it for the binding as well.
I quilted it with white thread and used the same "loop-d-loop with squares" quilt pattern that I used on Quilt 114.  The white thread pretty much fades into the quilt (except in the red blocks and borders) - which is what I wanted with this quilt.  If the thread was more visible, it would make the quilt too "busy".

No comments:

Post a Comment