January 2, 2019

Quilts 127 and 128 - Baby Bunnies - DONE!

Strip quilts go together quickly and can be really charming. 

I found this jelly roll "Bunny Trail" from Ella Blue on sale -
 Here are the prints in the set:
And there's enough in one jelly roll to make two baby quilts.

My good friend Nancy (from the charity "Inspirational Quilts") confided that she needed a lot more quilts for children - and so I got busy and whipped out two quilts like the one in the photo below:
46" x 46" - quilted on the Bernina Q-Matic - cotton batting
Here's a closeup of the prints - little bunnies, as you can see at the bottom of the photo below.  And the stitching pattern... isn't it just adorable?!?!?!    I found this bunny design online.
On the quilt above, I put the bunnies onlly on the top and bottom borders.  But on the other quilt (below) I made the bunnies a lot bigger and did edge-to-edge throughout the quilt.
Both quilts have the same vibrant pink backing - and here again, you can see the bunnies in the stitching.
These quilts took just no time to put together, and I really enjoyed making them.  They've been turned over to Nancy and hopefully by now have each found a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment