January 9, 2019

Quilt 129: Australian Souvenier Quilt - DONE!

At the beginning of last year, I made quilt using a jelly roll that had rainbow colours and some interesting prints.  It turned out very well and I thought I'd like to do another.  Well - then there was a sale at Patchwork with Gail B and wouldn't you know they had those jelly rolls marked down!  I grabbed one in a hurry!

Then, in November, my friend Diane and her 13 year old daughter Allison visited us here in Melbourne for a week.  While they were here, I showed photos of that rainbow quilt to Diane and asked her if she thought Allison would like to have one.  She said "yes!"  So I got that jelly roll out and whipped up one for her.

Here it is:
47" x 76" - quilted on the Bernina Q-Matic ("Panto_Square Meander" stitch design, end-to-end) - bamboo batting
The thing about this jelly roll that made me think it would be a nice quilt for Allison is that some strips in the set have names of places in Australia, including Melbourne.  Here's a closeup so you can see the print:
I used a soft mint-on-white print for the backing and bound it with white homespun.
Here's the quilting design I selected from the Q-Matic library:
That quilting design is a great one, very versatile, and I've used it on several quilts now.

I actually finished the quilt at the beginning of last month and posted it to Allison on December 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment