January 6, 2019

Quilts 130, 131, 132: Houses - DONE!

Sometimes quilting with panels becomes almost like "instant quilts".  That certainly felt like the case with these three.  I found the "houses" panels online and ordered three of them.  The colourful prints are quite large, and after adding a 3" yellow border, 3" green border, and 3" blue border, I ended up with pretty good sized quilts. 
52" x 59" - quilted on the Bernina Q-Matic with the "Row of houses" stitch pattern
 Here's the stitch pattern I used (below). 
On the first quilt (below) I kept the stitch pattern at the dimensions it comes in.  After doing it once that way, I decided it was a little too dense, so on the 2nd and 3rd quilts I expanded the pattern to just over twice it's original size.
 Each of the quilts has a different backing.  The first one is light turquoise (with dark green binding):
 The second one is yellow (with light green binding):
 The third one is deep tea (with lime green binding)l:
I've been VERY productive in recent weeks.  Now having the Q-Matic for quilting, I can quilt one project while I'm piecing the next one.  I can't believe how fast I'm powering through my stash of fabric!  I may start posting more often, as posting once a week has left me with quite a backlog of quilts to show.

No comments:

Post a Comment