January 30, 2019

Quilt 137 - Mini Squares - Peacock DONE!

Last year I purchased a quilt kit from Patchwork With Gail B.  I just loved the design of that quilt, and have set up to do several more of these, using different charm square designs.  This time I've used a charm square pack from Northcote called "Artisan Spirit- CSHIM42".  Here's a photo of the squares from the pack:
I'm taking photos with my phone, and it tends to distort colours.  The actual squares are considerably more "blue green" than the photos show.  The gold flecks on the squares are metallic - really rich texture and contrasting colour.

And here's the quilt finished:
65" x 65" - quilted on the Bernina Q-Matic with "Leaf Sashing 1" design - bamboo batting
 Here's the quilting pattern I selected:
And here's a closeup showing the stitching in the blocks.  The tan center blocks have a linen-look to them, very subdued, so the dense leaf quilting pattern works really well.
The backing is a soft gold and white flowery print.  The gold is in the same family as the linen-look blocks on the front, just a shade or two darker.

and the binding is solid teal homespun.

I really enjoyed making this - and every time I do one of these mini-square quilts I'm amazed at how fast it comes together.  There will be more!

No comments:

Post a Comment